Macroeconomics for Business Management
The economic scenario analysis is part of daily activities of business managers (CEOs, CFOs, CROs, Business planners, etc.) that need to elaborate a detailed business plan to better gauge the opportunities foreseen in terms of sales, costs and the trend of its business segment within a challenging domestic and international economic scenario.
The course aims to offer a user-friendly approach on how to understand macroeconomic concepts that somehow may affect the trend of a business plan, allowing the participant to develop relevant neural synapsis between macroeconomic news and its business field trend.
Concepts and topics to be presented:
- GDP and National Accounts
- Economic growth (aspects that lead to sustainable economic growth)
- Inflation (causes and impacts on economic activities)
- Macroeconomic leading indicators (recession/growth/inflation/unemployment/household income, etc)
- The role of the Central Bank and commercial banks
- The role of interest rates
- Exchange rate
- External accounts (balance of payments)
- Public accounts - How the Evolution of public accounts could impact on your business plan?
- Currency crises (sovereign crisis), banking crisis, public debt crisis and economic crisis
- Current economic scenario (Brazil, US, China, Europe, etc.)
ROBERTO DUMAS DAMAS
More than 30 years of experience in the international financial market
Dumas has worked with several FIs such as Citigroup, Lloyds Bank, UBS and Itaú BBA. From 2007 to 2011, he was the Chief Representative of Banco Itaú BBA in Shanghai and during 2016 he played an important role at the New Development Bank (BRICs bank) helping to implement the credit risk policy of the bank;
Dumas holds a Master’s degree in Chinese Economy from FUDAN University (China) and a Master in Economics from the University of Birmingham (UK), bachelor in Business Administration from Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV) and Specialization Course in BA from Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV). Dumas is also a Chartered Financial Analyst Charterholder (CFA) by the ICFA (USA)
Professor of many business school such as INSPER, IBMEC – SP, FIA/USP and Saint Paul. While in Shanghai, Dumas had the privilege to be an invited professor at CEIBS (China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) and Fudan University.
Writer of the books Economia Chinesa (CHINESE ECONOMY): Transformações, Rumos e Necessidade de Rebalanceamento do Modelo Econômico da China, and Crises Econômicas Internacionais (INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC CRISES)
He has given lectures and speeches for more than 30 years for companies and financial institutions such as Santander, CPFL, Banco do Brasil, Evonik Industries, Prologis Logistics Real Estate & Supply Chain, General Motors do Brasil, Delphi Automotive, Ford Motor Company do Brasil, Revestcar, Porto Sudeste, etc.